Pan fried fish tacos
Cumin-spiced cod pan fried then added to tortillas with guacamole, baby greens, cotija cheese, cilantro and scallions. The perfect fish tacos for spring – look at all that green! Just add a margarita.
For the pan fried cod
- 1 lb cod or haddock filet
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon safflower oil, or any neutral oil
For the tacos
- 8 corn or flour tortillas, warmed
- 1/2 cup guacamole or 1 avocado, thinly sliced
- 2 cups baby spring mix
- 1/2 cup roughly chopped cilantro
- 1 bunch scallions, thinly sliced
- 2 ounces Cotija cheese, crumbled
Dry fish well with paper towel. Season on both sides with cumin, garlic and salt. Heat oil in a medium sauté pan over medium-high heat. When pan is hot, add fish.
Cook 3-4 minutes on one side, flip, then cook another few minutes until fish is opaque and flakes easily with a fork. Remove from heat.
Assemble tacos by spreading guac or avocado on the tortillas, then topping with baby greens, cilantro, scallions and cheese.
Serve with lime wedges.
Calories: 331kcalCarbohydrates: 33gProtein: 28gFat: 11gSaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 61mgSodium: 427mgPotassium: 1012mgFiber: 8gSugar: 3gVitamin A: 9122IUVitamin C: 22mgCalcium: 194mgIron: 3mg