Best Lobster Salad with Basil Kelp Vinaigrette
Lobster sauteed in butter served overtop baby mixed greens and snap peas drizzled with a zesty basil kelp vinaigrette. This lobster salad is fresh, crisp and packed with all the flavors of spring.
For the vinaigrette
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 2 ounces basil leaves washed and dried well
- 2 kelp cubes, thawed
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
For the salad
- 1 tablespoon salted butter
- 1 lb cooked lobster meat thawed, if frozen
- 6-8 ounces baby spring greens
- 8 ounces snap peas washed and trimmed, sliced into thirds
For garnish and serving (optional)
- Microgreens or pea shoots for garnish
- Basil leaves for garnish
- 1 Lemon cut into wedges
- Toasted and buttered bread
To make the vinaigrette
Combine extra virgin olive oil, vinegar, basil, kelp, mustard, salt, sugar and black pepper in a small food processor. Process until smooth and combined.
For the salad
In a medium saute pan, add butter over medium-low heat. Once hot, add cooked lobster meat. Saute briefly, 1-2 minutes until warmed through. Remove from heat.
Add baby greens and snap peas to a large shallow serving bowl. Top with warm lobster meat.
Garnish with microgreens and basil leaves. Serve salad with lemon wedges and thick slices of buttered bread.
Calories: 398kcalCarbohydrates: 9gProtein: 22gFat: 31gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 152mgSodium: 684mgPotassium: 512mgFiber: 3gSugar: 4gVitamin A: 4614IUVitamin C: 55mgCalcium: 172mgIron: 3mg