Lobster Avocado Bites
Whole grain tortilla scoops stuffed with lobster and avocado chunks tossed with warm butter, chives and lemon. Topped with freshly ground pepper and pea shoots. This is a bite-sized appetizer that your guests will devour in seconds, but dream of for weeks. Make them for any special summertime celebration.
- 10-12 ounces cooked lobster meat roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter salted and melted
- 0.75 ounces chives, sliced (one small clamshell)
- 1 lemon, juice and zest of
- 1/2 bag whole grain Tostito Scoop tortilla chips (5 ounces)
- 1 avocado, thinly sliced and slices halved
- 2 ounces pea shoots, chopped (half a 4 oz clamshell)
- Freshly ground black pepper
Add lobster meat, melted butter, chives, lemon juice and zest in a large bowl. Toss.
Add half of an avocado slice into each tortilla scoop. Spoon lobster mixture into tortilla scoops. Top with pea shoots and black pepper.
Serve immediately with lemon wedges.
Serve this appetizer right away - don't let the lobster salad sit for long in the chips, as they'll get soggy.
Make this appetizer easier by having your fishmonger or supermarket steam and crack the lobsters for you.
Calories: 122kcalCarbohydrates: 13gProtein: 3gFat: 7gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 10mgSodium: 105mgPotassium: 175mgFiber: 3gSugar: 1gVitamin A: 153IUVitamin C: 14mgCalcium: 45mgIron: 1mg