Panko Baked Cod
Cod loin filets topped with a mixture of Italian seasoned panko crumbs, grated parmesan, chopped parsley, lemon zest, sun dried tomatoes and extra virgin olive oil, then baked until the topping is crisp and golden and the fish is flaky and succulent.
- 1/4 cup Italian seasoned panko crumbs
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley (curly or flat) washed and chopped
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil plus more for drizzling
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sun dried tomatoes in herbs and oil drained, slivered and chopped
- 1 lemon zested then cut into wedges
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 1/4 pounds cod loin patted dry and cut into 4 equal portions
Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
In a small bowl, combine panko crumbs, parsley, parmesan, olive oil, sun dried tomatoes, lemon zest, salt and pepper.
Place cod loin onto baking sheet. Mound panko mixture on top of each piece of cod. Drizzle cod loin with additional olive oil, if desired. (I like to do this for added richness, moisture and flavor).
Bake cod for 12-15 minutes, until cod is cooked through and flakes easily with a fork. Remove from oven.
Serve cod with lemon wedges, your favorite roasted veggies (broccoli or cauliflower would be great) and a loaf of whole grain bread.
Calories: 181kcalCarbohydrates: 6gProtein: 27gFat: 5gSaturated Fat: 1gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 62mgSodium: 275mgPotassium: 708mgFiber: 1gSugar: 2gVitamin A: 259IUVitamin C: 19mgCalcium: 56mgIron: 1mg