Healthy Crab Dip
Healthy Crab Dip. Jumbo lump crab meat, shredded cheddar, cream cheese, cottage cheese, Old Bay seasoning and panko crumbs are baked in a cast-iron skillet until hot and bubbly, then served with your favorite whole grain crackers or pretzels. This warm crab dip is the perfect appetizer for game day ... or, any day you're entertaining and need a comforting, crowd-pleasing warm dip.
- 8 ounces reduced fat cream cheese
- 4 ounces reduced fat cottage cheese
- 16 ounces canned lump crab meat
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 teaspoons Old Bay seasoning plus more for topping
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons plain panko crumbs
- 1 tablespoon chives thinly sliced
- 1 lemon cut into wedges
- Crackers, baguette slices and veggies
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F with your cast-iron skillet inside.
In a large mixing bowl, combine cream cheese, cottage cheese, crab meat, ½ cup cheddar, Old Bay, garlic powder and black pepper. Gently mix with your hands to combine.
Remove skillet from oven. Careful, skillet is hot! Spoon crab mixture into skillet. Place into oven for 20 minutes. Remove from oven and top with remaining ¼ cup cheddar and 2 tablespoons panko crumbs. Place back into the oven for 5-10 more minutes until cheese is melted and bubbly and panko crumbs are lightly toasted. Remove from oven.
Top dip with chives. Serve with lemon wedges and whole grain crackers, baguette slices or veggies.
Calories: 109kcalCarbohydrates: 3gProtein: 11gFat: 6gSaturated Fat: 3gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 34mgSodium: 487mgPotassium: 156mgFiber: 1gSugar: 2gVitamin A: 210IUVitamin C: 8mgCalcium: 108mgIron: 1mg