Crab Stuffed Avocados
Creamy, rich avocados stuffed with sweet lump crab meat and umami rich kelp in a tangy dressing. These stuffed avocados are packed with all the best flavors of the sea and they make the perfect appetizer, side dish – or even quick lunch.
- 12 ounces lump crab meat picked over for shell fragments
- 4 ounces Ready Cut, Thaw and Eat Atlantic Sea Farms Kelp thawed picked over for pebbles and chopped
- 1/2 red onion, finely diced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 4 avocados sliced in half and pitted
For the dressing
- 1/4 cup mayo
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Fresh ground black pepper
- Lemon wedges
Add lump crab meat to a medium bowl. Using a fork, break up any large crab chunks. Add kelp, red onion and parsley to the bowl. Toss well to combine.
Make dressing by adding mayonnaise, white wine vinegar, salt and black pepper to a small bowl. Whisk to combine.
Add dressing to crab and kelp mixture. Mix to combine.
Place the eight avocado halves on a serving plate. Using a spoon, add crab and kelp mixture to the avocado halves. Top with black pepper.
Serve with lemon wedges.
- If preparing this as an appetizer ahead of time, squeeze lemon over the avocado halves so they don’t brown prior to serving.
- This recipe can also be made as a Kelp, Crab and Avocado salad (versus stuffed into avocado halves). Just prepare as directed, but add diced avocado to the crab and kelp mixture just before serving and toss gently. If you go this route, you can use two avocados instead of four.