A three egg omelette stuffed with fresh sweet lobster meat and dill havarti cheese, then topped with shredded cheddar, more lobster meat and fresh chopped dill. Perfect for breakfast or brunch for Mother’s Day – or for any celebratory occasion.
If you’re looking for something a little extra special this year to celebrate Mom, look no further. This lobster omelette is decadent, delicious and fresh.
What’s in this lobster omelette?
- 3 organic eggs
- dill havarti cheese
- fresh cooked lobster meat
- shredded cheddar cheese
- fresh chopped dill (optional)
- microgreens (optional)
We love havarti cheese because it’s subtle, light and melts really nicely. Havarti is a semi-soft cow’s-milk cheese that’s very creamy, smooth and has an almost spring like texture. If you can find dill havarti, you can use plain havarti or sub in cheddar.
Serve this lobster omelette with Mom’s favorite toast, some lightly dressed greens (like arugula or baby kale), coffee and maybe some bubbly like sparkling Rosé, Prosecco, Cava or Champagne?!
If Mom doesn’t like lobster, shrimp, scallops or even smoked salmon would be great in this omelette too, so feel free to switch things up.
Also, make life easy on yourself and have your grocery store or fish monger steam the lobsters for you – that way, you just need to crack the shells and pluck the meat. Alternatively, you can purchase frozen cooked lobster meat or tails and just thaw it the night before in the fridge.
Here’s how to make this seafood omelette:
- 3 organic eggs beaten
- 2 ounces dill Havarti cheese, thinly sliced
- 2 ounces cooked lobster meat, chopped
- 1/2 ounce shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh dill
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Spray a non-stick pan with cooking oil. Heat pan over medium-low heat. Add eggs, using a spatula to allow the runny egg to flow under the cooked egg. Once the eggs are almost cooked through, add the Havarti and lobster meat.
- Fold one side of the omelet over to the other side. Top with shredded cheddar. Remove from heat. Sprinkle with fresh dill, microgreens and black pepper.
- Serve omelet with toast and side salad.
PIN this easy lobster recipe for later:
Looking for more great lobster recipes? Gotcha covered!