Crab Stuffed Portabello Mushrooms.
Insanely delicious grilled portabellas stuffed with crab meat. Basically, it’s your favorite jumbo crab cake stuffed into a marinated and grilled portabella mushroom. These will be the heartiest and tastiest stuffed mushrooms you’ve ever had.
These Crab Stuffed Portabello Mushrooms are for crab lovers only. There’s a full 4 ounces of crab meat in each portabella, so they’re chock full of crab goodness.
What’s in these stuffed mushrooms?
- portabella mushrooms
- balsamic vinaigrette
- lump crab meat
- seasoned panko crumbs
- grated Parmesan
- Italian seasoning
- garlic powder, kosher salt, ground black pepper
How do make these Crab Stuffed Portabello Mushrooms?
- Marinate the mushrooms for at least 30 minutes.
- Combine the crab mixture together.
- Grill the portobellas stem side down for about 5 minutes, flip and stuff with crab mixture.
- Grill for another 5-10 minutes until crab mixture is cooked through.
- Then, you’ll remove from the grill and top with shaved parmesan and chopped parsley.
Why marinate the portabellos?
We always marinate our portabellas before grilling because it adds a ton of flavor to the mushrooms. The marinating step is optional in this stuffed mushroom recipe, but if you have time to do it, it’ll make them that much better. You can use any vinaigrette to marinate them – either store-bought or homemade will be fine. Marinate them for at least 30 minutes, preferably longer – we typically marinate them for 8 hours.
Is this a healthy dish?
Yes! These crab stuffed mushrooms are rich in protein (from the crab meat and egg) and Vitamin D (if your portabellas have been exposed to UV light in the growing process), fiber, B vitamins, potassium, selenium, antioxidants from the portabellas. For more information on the health benefits of mushrooms, check out The Mushroom Council.
How should I serve these portabellas?
Serve them alongside brown rice or farro (or another whole grain) and a simple green salad for a healthy, hearty and delicious meal.
Here’s how to make this stuffed mushroom recipe:
Crab Stuffed Portabello Mushrooms
- 4 large portabello mushrooms cleaned and stem trimmed
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinaigrette or use citrus vinaigrette, homemade or store-bought
- 16 ounces lump crab meat picked over for shells
- 2 eggs beaten
- 1/2 cup seasoned panko crumbs
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Shaved parmesan
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- Lemon wedges
- Add portabellas and vinaigrette to a resealable bag. Let marinate for at least 30 minutes, preferably longer.
- Preheat grill to high heat. Clean and oil grates.
- Combine all ingredients crab meat through grated black pepper.
- Remove portabellas from marinade and place on grill, stem side down. Grill on medium high 5 minutes. Flip portabellas and stuff with crab mixture (the topping will be heaping atop the mushrooms). Grill another 5-8 minutes until crab mixture is cooked through.
- Remove portabellas from the grill and top with shaved parmesan and chopped parsley. Serve with lemon wedges.