Cranberry Pumpkin Butter.
Pretty ruby red cranberries simmered with earthy pumpkin, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon and vanilla, then blended until smooth. This is the perfect fall spread that highlights all of the warm flavors of the harvest season. It’s also the perfect hostess gift for your fall or holiday parties.
A tasty and beautiful spin on pumpkin butter.
Pumpkin butter is one of my favorite fall treats. I love it as a topping or stir-in for so many things: added to oatmeal, as a topping for pumpkin muffins, overtop baked brie, on whole grain toast layered with peanut butter or cream cheese, on sliced apples, layered with yogurt … the list goes on. Many times though, pumpkin butter is packed with sugar and artificial flavorings and colorings. So. I had to whip up a batch from scratch and incorporate another one of my favorite fall fruits – the cranberry.
This cranberry pumpkin butter turned out just right. And it’s extra special because it stars two of the best fall fruits and flavors – pumpkin and cranberry for a cranberry pumpkin butter that you’ll be eating by the spoonful. The tartness of the cranberries and the creamy and earthiness of the pumpkin make for a spread that’s slightly sweet and tart – a perfect addition to so many of your favorite foods.
How do you make cranberry butter?
It’s easy! To make this cranberry spread, you’ll add these ingredients to a medium saucepan:
- cranberries (fresh or frozen)
- canned pumpkin
- dark brown sugar
- pumpkin pie spice
Bring the ingredients to a boil, then reduce to a simmer. The cranberries will pop as they cook. Simmer for about 30 minutes, then remove from heat and puree with an immersion blender until smooth. Pour into mason jars and refridgerate. The cranberry goodness will keep for about a week in the fridge.
This recipe makes about 4 cups.
How gorgeous is the color? You can thank those pretty little ruby red gems for that.
What should you put this cranberry pumpkin butter on?
This cranberry butter has endless uses:
- A topper on pancakes and waffles
- Spooned into yogurt
- Stirred into oatmeal
- Spread on toast, muffins and scones
- Spooned over ice cream
- As a dipper for grilled cheese
- On a PB&J sandwich
- Eaten by the spoonful
Here’s how to make this Cranberry Pumpkin Butter:
Cranberry Pumpkin Butter
- 1 pound fresh or frozen cranberries washed and picked over (about 4 cups)
- 1 15 ounce can pure pumpkin
- 3/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1/2 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Combine all ingredients in a medium pot over medium heat. Cover and bring to a light boil, then reduce heat to a simmer.
- Simmer for ~30 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat. Let cool completely.
- Using an immersion blender, blend cranberry pumpkin butter until smooth. Spoon into mason jars or other glass storage containers.
- Refrigerate. Cranberry pumpkin butter will keep in a glass sealed jar in the fridge for at least a week.
PIN this cranberry recipe for later: