Lobster Grilled Cheese.
Hearty buttered bread stuffed with fresh sweet lobster meat, shredded cheddar and spicy baby arugula. This is the simplest, yet most extra ordinary grilled cheese sandwich there is. This grilled cheese, my friends, is not for the kids.
Grilled cheese is top on my list of easy comfort foods. You too? And while a straight up grilled cheese with no additions is good and reminds me of being a kid, I prefer to take my sandwiches up a notch these days. So, why not add in some luxury and sea-freshness to that cheesy goodness. Are you with me?
The lobster addition to this grilled cheese takes it over the top. The baby arugula adds a peppery bite and helps balance all the richness from the lobster and the cheese. Ohhh – and if you ever heard that seafood + cheese don’t go together, forget all that nonsense, because it is just. not. true. The proof is in the pudding … I mean, in the grilled cheese.
This lobster grilled cheese really requires no real recipe. Here’s what you’re doing:
- Take 2 slices of your favorite bread (we used a cheesy sourdough)
- Butter each slice of bread on one side
- Add one slice of bread to a saute pan over medium low heat
- Layer on lobster, arugula, cheddar and black pepper
- Top with remaining slice of bread, buttered side up
- Heat until bread is lightly toasted, cheese is melted and lobster is heated through, flipping after a few minutes
- Slice in half and devour!
A few notes on this grilled cheese:
- If you’re not a fan of lobster (whaaaaat?!), you can sub cooked shrimp
- Cheese is important, so use a good cheddar (we love Cabot)
- The bread is important too, so use a good bakery style bread
- You can sub any baby green for the baby arugula
- I highly recommend using cooked lobster meat (or you could use thawed frozen meat) for this grilled cheese – or leftover lobster meat. No one wants to steam a lobster just to make a grilled cheese sandwich – right….?
If you want the full “recipe,” here ya go!
Lobster Grilled Cheese
- 2 slices fromage bread, thinly sliced or any hearty bakery-style bread
- 1/2 teaspoon salted butter, softened
- 1-2 ounces cooked lobster meat roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup baby arugula
- 2 thick slices cheddar cheese
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Butter one side of each slice of bread.
- Place one slice, buttered side down in a non-stick pan over medium low heat.
- Layer on lobster, arugula, cheddar and black pepper.
- Top with remaining slice of bread, buttered side up.
- Heat until bread is lightly toasted, cheese is melted and lobster is heated through, flipping after a few minutes.
- Slice in half and serve.
PIN this Lobster Grilled Cheese for later:
Looking for more Lobster recipes?
Leave a Comment