A festive, holiday seafood wreath made with a base of crispy green lettuce, sauteed sea scallops, sauteed bay scallops, cooked shrimp, cooked fresh lobster meat, seaweed salad, melted butter, cocktail sauce and lemon wedges. This wreath is the perfect holiday appetizer – or serve it for dinner alongside a festive salad and warm crusty bread.
Do you have a special seafood dish you serve during the holidays? Seafood makes an appearance at pretty much every single one of our holiday meals – either as the main course, or an appetizer. It adds elegance, freshness and a sense of celebration to a meal. And this year, we need that celebratory feel more than ever, especially since most of us are celebrating with our immediate family.
One of the seafood dishes (if you can even call this a dish!) is this beautiful seafood wreath. It’s a spin on a charcuterie (or seacuterie board) – and more approachable than a seafood tower. This seafood wreath is a showstopper on the table and is the easiest thing to pull together.
We sourced all of the fresh shellfish – the lobster, sea scallops, bay scallops and shrimp from our local seafood market, The Clam Man. I purchased the lobster and shrimp cooked, but of course, if you have the time, you can steam your own. The scallops and bay scallops got a quick sear in a hot pan with oil and buter.
Here’s how to make this Seafood Wreath for just a few. Serve it as dinner (with fresh bread or rolls from your local bakery and a festive salad), or as a hearty appetizer. If you purchase the lobster meat and the shrimp already cooked, this seafood wreath will be ready in 10 minutes!
- 2 cups crispy green little leaf lettuce
- 1/2 lb cooked lobster meat
- 1/2 lb cooked shrimp (any size)
- 1/4 lb seared bay scallops
- 1/4 lb seared sea scallops
- 1/2 cup seaweed salad - we use Atlantic Sea Farms place in a small bowl
- 1/4 cup salted butter, melted place in a small bowl
- 1/4 cup cocktail sauce place in a small bowl
- 1 lemon cut into wedges
- Freshly ground black pepper
For decoration (optional)
- Rosemary sprigs - or any green herbs - thyme, sage, oregano or parsley would all work well
- Arrange lettuce leaves in a circle on the outer part of a circular serving plate, leaving the center of the circle open. Arrange seafood on the lettuce, leaving 4 small spaces to fit the seaweed salad, melted butter, cocktail sauce and lemon wedges.
- Place seaweed salad, butter, cockail sauce and lemon in the open spaces.
- Sprinkle seafood with salt and fresh ground black pepper.
Happy Holidays from our family to yours. And here’s to a better 2021.
PIN this festive seafood wreath recipe for later: