Teriyaki Salmon Kabobs.
No summer grill-out is complete without kabobs! These teriyaki salmon kabobs are packed with flavor, crunch, color and nutrition – and are guaranteed to convert anyone into a salmon lover! Salmon, broccoli and red onion marinated in a quick homemade teriyaki sauce, skewered on kabobs and then grilled until smoky and delicious. These salmon skewers are so easy and quick to make and they’re guaranteed to be a be a hit among kids and adults alike.
I first fell in love with teriyaki salmon at an Asian restaurant in Westport, CT. It was served over brown rice with broccoli and red onion and the most incredible teriyaki sauce. That remains to be one of my favorite dinners, ever. Every time I visited my parents in CT, I would beg them to take me to this restaurant for the salmon.
This teriyaki salmon kabob recipe is a spin off of that dish. The great thing about kabobs though, is the salmon is cut into cubes (about 1 inch) and every little bit of fish hits the grill – so there’s more surface area with all that smoky sweet deliciousness.
Sub in any veggies you like on these salmon kabobs.
Feel free to substitute any veggies for the broccoli and red onion, just make sure they are relatively quick cooking. Zucchini, baby bellas and red/yellow peppers would be great on these kabobs.
You can either serve the salmon and veggies on the skewers, or pull them off the kabobs and serve like the below.
How do you make the teriyaki marinade/glaze for the kabobs?
It’s very simple. Combine the following ingredients:
- Reduced sodium soy sauce
- Seasoned rice vinegar
- Brown sugar
- Toasted sesame oil
- Fresh ginger
You’ll whisk all the ingredients together, then use the majority as a marinade while reserving a few tablespoons of the teriyaki sauce for serving.
This recipe serves our family of 4 (2 adults, 2 kids) along with brown rice, but can easily be doubled or tripled. If you like teriyaki salmon as much as I do, try this easy salmon recipe!
Here’s how to make these easy Teriyaki Salmon Kabobs:
Teriyaki Salmon Kabobs
For the marinade
- 1/2 cup reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup seasoned rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 finger fresh ginger grated or finely minced (just over 1 tablespoon minced)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
For the kabobs
- 1 lb salmon filet skin removed, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 head broccoli cut into florets
- 1 red onion cut into chunks
- Metal skewers
- Black sesame seeds optional
- Lime wedges
- Brown rice
- Preheat grill to high heat. Clean and oil grates.
- Whisk together marinade ingredients. Reserve a few tablespoons in a small bowl for serving. Pour the rest of the marinade into a resealable plastic bag.
- Add salmon, broccoli and red onion to the marinade. Let sit 5 minutes.
- Skewer salmon, broccoli and red onion onto metal skewers. If using wooden skewers, soak in water for 30 minutes prior to using so they don't burn on the grill.
- Place skewers onto the grill and reduce heat to medium high. Grill, turning skewers after a few minutes to cook evenly. Grill until salmon reaches desired doneness, turning 1-2 times during grilling time.
- Remove from grill.
- Sprinkle skewers with black sesame seeds. Serve with reserved teriyaki sauce, lime wedges and brown rice.
PIN these easy salmon skewers for later:
Leave a Comment